May 23, 2014

Pinterest Tested: Veggie and Black Bean Tortilla Casserole

You know how I love a good guest blog post, don't you? Well this week, my pal Sunshine has sent in a recipe she tested out for us. I've been told that this dish was a huge hit in her house. So if you like Mexican flavors, you should try this for yourself. I know I'm going to!

Photo credit: NutritiousTip.com

Here is the original recipe link: Cheesy Veggie and Black Bean Tortilla Casserole

And here is the recipe (with changes) that Sunshine tested and found delicious…

Ingredients:

2 yellow squash, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, diced
1/3 cup onion, diced
1 Tbsp EVOO
1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
Black pepper, to taste
1 medium tomato, diced
1 green chili, diced
1 cup crushed tortilla chips
1 large can black beans, drained
1 cup grated cheddar

1 cup cooked, seasoned for tacos ground beef (optional)

Directions: 

Preheat oven to 400*

In a bowl, combine the squash, garlic, onion, EVOO, vinegar, and pepper. Set aside. Spray a 2 quart  baking dish with nonstick spray. Set aside ½ cup of the black beans. In your baking dish, combine black beans, tortilla chips, and optional beef. Top with ⅓ of the cheese. Layer the tomatoes and the green chili. Layer with another ⅓ of the cheese. Top with your squash mixture. Top with remaining cheese and the reserved black beans. Bake covered at 400* for about 35 minutes or until heated through.



Thank you Sunshine for this great recipe, I can't wait to try it.

Until next time my friends, happy cooking!


Thanks for reading, everyone!
Follow me on Facebook @ OurArmyLifeAccordingToTheWife
or on Pinterest, my newest obsession ArmyLifeFromTheWife




No comments:

Post a Comment